You're amazing. No girl, you are.


I could do this all day.

Be told I am amazing, that is. It happens so rarely that when, to my surprise, I got an email from my new bff Michelle Obama, it kinda made my day a lil bit. Just saying.

JIC you don't believe me, here is the screenshot from my email inbox:




So, you know, thaaaat's cool.

But more importantly, it really demonstrates that social has gone beyond the point of just being cool and yet still remains cool. That is REALLY cool. It's really neat to see how the upcoming elections are having as much debate in the digital and social sphere as they are in those giant football stadiums where poor elderly people like Clint Eastwood get lost and turn to inanimate objects for help.

I'm joking of course, because Clint could still kick my ass even if he is like 100 years old. But I'm not joking about the fact that social and digital have a real place in our society. I just love that. We all  knew it had some degree of staying power, but this election seems to be bringing home the fact that social media as a channel is as powerful as television, newspaper and radio. It's amazing to see big - and little - brands embrace social in ways that make sense to the people who actually use it. It's amazing to see traditional content streaming through innovative technology platforms and social sites like Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare, Flickr and even Pinterest. I'm pretty stoked about that and look forward to not only watching but participating in the evolution of how we connect, why we connect and how we can each help one another to make just five more minutes of happiness a day.

I don't care who you vote for Michelle. I think YOU are amazing.

Comments

Popular Posts